Review of MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

by - 12:43:00




MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
Hey beauties! Continuing with my love for lipstick reviews, today I am back again with another “superstar” of the lipstick world. This lipstick is supposedly one of the rare shades which suit every complexion. Read on to find out if I think it is worth the “stardom” or not ;)
Product: MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

Price: Rs.990 for 3 gm when I had bought it (ouch); Rs. 1450 now with the insane price-hike in MAC (bigger ouch!)
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

My take on the product:
Before I begin, you must all have noticed my love for pinks and reds when it comes to lipsticks. Even when the shade brown ruled the lipstick world in 90s and every woman owned at least one brown lipstick in her vanity, I could never get a proper justification WHY would I want my lips to look brown!!? :-/ Back then, “brown lips” was equivalent to “dry leaves”. But coming to the present time, with so many different kinds of browns (like ones with peachy undertones, ones with pink undertones etc) I could not help fall in love with this shade ;)
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

There is a “My-lip-but-better” shade of lipstick for every complexion out there (given the huge shade range in every brand), and the perfect MLBB for my lips have always been a light brown with pink undertones or in other words, a warm pink which I found in Colorbar lipstick in Bare. But sometimes, it gets a bit boring to use the same shade again and again. This is where Mocha came in ;)
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

Mocha is from the Satin range of MAC lipsticks which are neither creamy nor ultra matte. They are somewhere in between. Mocha glides on effortlessly on exfoliated and moisturized lips. I would stress on exfoliated and moisturized lips because Mocha can exaggerate dry and flaky lips and make them look even more unflattering. The opacity is terrific and one swipe covers all pigmentation. It might feel a bit heavy on women who are accustomed to only lip glosses or creamy lipsticks. On matte lovers, this texture can be a delight. The shade is a peachy brown which would come out differently on everyone: on some it would be more peach and less brown (Like me!) and for some others it would be a luscious light brown with peach undertones (for pigmented lips). The staying power is 4-5 hours on me when used alone and 6-7 hours when used over a n*de lip liner like Lakme 9 to 5 lip liner in “Beige Pink”.
Now the question is, do I like it on myself? Honestly, I was not at all happy with the shade at first. It accentuated the yellow tones of my skin and made me look like a “yellow alien” :-/ So, this one was lying unused in my kitty since long. But recently, I primed my face with a BB cream and some highlighter, did a basic smokey eye with kajal and brown eye-shadow and THEN went on to apply Mocha. And VOILA!! I looked very different and very nice ;) So, I realized that Mocha is to be treated “royally” :D It is not the lipstick you would “just swipe and go out”. It can make you look REAL good if worn properly.
Down below, here is a comparison of three lipsticks: First is MAC Twig which is a warm muddy pink (LOVE!), Second is Colorbar's Bare which is a perfect blend of brown, pink and peach (LOVE even more!) and last is MAC Mocha which is a combo of brown and peach ;)
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”


Time for ratings:
Pigmentation: 5/5
Texture: 4/5
Staying power 4/5
Overall: 3.9/5
Recommendation: I would recommend MOCHA only if you are a die-hard MAC fan. Else, there are a lot of lipsticks which look the same on lips as Mocha does and that too without burning your pocket J But yes, shade-wise, you NEED to own one such shade- perfect partner with smokey eyes!!
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”


I hope this was helpful ladies :) Invest wisely!
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”
MAC Satin Lipstick “Mocha”

With Love!!
Aparajita

You May Also Like

0 comments